I suggest you...

BullGuard Main Window...make it wider

The main window of BullGuard IS should be made wider as a default, instead of having to use a slider. Makes a bit inconvenient.

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
BullGuard User 31331887BullGuard User 31331887 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • BullGuard User 31105046BullGuard User 31105046 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hatte schon mal den Vorschlag gemacht, das das Startfenter von BullGuard etwas vergrößert wird, damit alle Funktionen ohne zu Scrollen sofort sichtbar sind

• BullGuard User 31406007BullGuard User 31406007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BullGuard Internet Security windows can be resized by 3rd party applications. Unfortunately, this will do you no good as the developers lazily specified everything using absolute positions, rather than allowing the interface to scale to the available space with a restriction on minimum dimensions.

I noted that the decision was described as "based on functionality and design both" on http://www.bullguard.com/forum/15/BullGuard-Internet-Security-20_96056.html . As someone who has worked on UX design I can't see how this decision could have possibly been made on the basis of usability. Comparing these design decisions to modern Windows interfaces seems laughable if you reject the basic principles underlying this style of user interaction.

As a new user coming from a competitors product to Bullguard, I strongly hope that this will be addressed in the near future. In the meantime I would strongly recommend taking the time to research design guidelines before applying any more skinning. Slapping makeup on a bulldog to make it look like a poodle won't win you any prizes at the next dog show. You should at-least follow the basic guidance set out by Microsoft at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa974173.aspx

• BullGuard User 31067086BullGuard User 31067086 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi i dont think this was necesary as users we must still worried about how Works our product I think similar to you the interface and scroll bar was too bad, but you must still worried for things like that for example in other security suites Avast Mail shield did not Works unil versión 7 only in 7 versión was correct that error. Second GDATA spam filter only Works whith pop mail but gmail and Outlook dont have pop (Gmail yes but Outlook.com dont have). The antivirus behavior Works well? how to check it? only have a eicar test. Your firewall Works well i see a litle issue whith metro apps because dont send notifications and Skype metro dont work whith bullguard. The pc tuneup Works well? doing a back up of registry?. Did you recibe properly updates from vulnerability scan? Think in that and not only in icon and interface that was only a cosmetic cuestión and all antiviruses was horrible interface (Ok bullguard have a regular interface who will be shine whith minor fixes). Think fi the web protection really blocks pishing those are too important. I dont refuse your idea I think its necesary because too many bullguard costumers have familiaries who dont know how to use a program but...Think on bugs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base